Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chevrolet Volt Review - VIDEO

Jason Cullinane purchased his Volt Feb. 2, 2011 after he passed on another one where the dealer tried to hit him for an additional $2,500 over sticker.

“Fremont Chevrolet was honest and charged only MSRP,” Cullinane said. So it got the sale.

Now approaching his first year, he is still so gung ho about his Volt, has on occasion generously offered test rides to people, and at Chevy’s request, he now offers this video (which he said will be followed by another one).

Keep in mind also, all this enthusiasm is being offered although this is his first American-made vehicle.

“I have driven many kinds of cars in the past but I have never owned an American car,” he said. “My parents drove plenty of American cars during my childhood and I grew up with their frustrations at the lack of quality and reliability. I have owned vehicles from VW, Toyota, BMW, and Subaru. Having owned the Volt for almost a year now, I can say that the quality of the vehicle is at least as good as any other car I have driven.”

Plans are to keep this Volt for “10 years or more,” and the car has grown on his wife who first had to get over misgivings about it.

“My wife initially hated the car because of her experiences with American vehicles,” Cullinane said. “Now that she has been in it and had quite a few miles under her belt, she is impressed. This is no small feat by the way. She is still ambivalent about the exterior design, especially the nose and she thinks that the center stack controls (physical and digital) need to be redesigned but she thinks the interior is comfortable and that the engineering is awesome.”