Thursday, April 26, 2012

Understated Class – Pristine 1967 Ford Mustang GTA



Although we often post about Eleanor on this site I cannot help thinking back to the original 1967 Mustangs. If I had my time over I probably would have gone down the route of a restoring my Mustang back to its original form and not an Eleanor. But never the less, It is great when you read about someone who has done just that. This is the case with Angelo Pavlis, the owner of this magnificent Silver Frost Metallic 1967 GTA Mustang.

There’s something about an original looking Mustang. It’s clean, simple and just classy. Forget the bolt on body kits, extravagent wheels and exhausts and modern add-ons. Keeping it original appeals to me so much more. It’s understated class to say the least.

Mustang Restorations in Illinois worked on the car to meet Angello’s exact specifications. Angello demanded a full restoration having every piece pristine to ensure the car looks and runs better than the day it rolled off the lot.

A street cam was added to give the car a nice idle. The 289CID engine was retained in favour of a larger block and the original automatic C-4 transmission was also used.